Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Greater Lafayette Startup Weekend 2012
Friday, February 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM - Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM (EST)
The Startup Weekend is coming to Greater Lafayette!
Entrepreneurs from Greater Lafayette area will soon have the chance to build high-tech applications, over a single weekend of intensive 54-hour co-working activity, February 10-12, 2012.
Weekly pre-event meetups at Lafayettech HUB: meetup.com/Lafayettech
The Greater Lafayette Startup Weekend 2012 will take place at:
The Local Startup Accelerator/Incubator &
Entrepreneurship 24/7 Co-working Center
580 N 36th St, Suite A
Lafayette, IN 47905
(for students, located conveniently on the city bus route)
Please read more on the official page at:
- Meet your next team member.
- Collaborate with other local developers, designers, engineers.
- Learn new things from amazing mentors. - Meet investors and angels.
- Hear great speakers talking about entrepreneurship topics.
- Showcase your talent(s).
- Time management, team management, business management.
- Learn what's next to do to grow and market your startup.
- Be part of a magical weekend.
PRIZES FOR THE WINNING STARTUPS:
- 3 months of FREE office space at Lafayettech HUB. Privacy and free knowledge for your growing startup.
- 4 hours of legal consultation, provided by Armstrong Law Offices.
- Free setup of QuickBooks, provided by Milestone Advisors
- Amazon Web Services - $200 credit to the 1st place team.
PRIZES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS:
- A book for each participant: "How To Take A Company From Concept To Creation In 54 Hours", by Marc Nager, Clint Nelsen, Franck Nouyrigat, co-directed by StartupWeekend.org.
- Twilio provides a web-service API for businesses to build scalable, reliable communication apps! The deal: $50 credit using code.
- Amazon Web Services - $50 credit per team + an additional $200 credit to the 1st place team.
- Microsoft BizSpark is a global program designed to help accelerate the success of early stage startups, providing software, support and visibility.
- CloudMine provides a better backend for your mobile apps. Spend time building your app, not building the server-side platform required to run it. The deal: $50 credit.
- O'Reilly Media - one free e-book of your choice.
Special Guest and official Lafayette Startup Weekend event facilitator:
Indianapolis Startup Weekend co-organizer
Lafayettech, Inc. is a local Greater Lafayette, Indiana nonprofit organization (pending registration) that connects local businesses and individuals to discuss the impact of the Internet technologies in our area. Since 2009, a few technology events have been organized under Lafayettech umbrella: Lafayette Tweetup (connecting people on Twitter off-line), Lafayette Twestival (social fundraising and online technology event), Envolve (promoting local people having local ideas for community improvements), the first large local Digital Media Conference and other hi-tech conferences.
Its product Lafayettech HUB is making important steps to becoming a local startup accelerator and incubator, an entrepreneurship co-working center, soon to be open 24/7 to local entrepreneurs, students, engineers, mixed with local investors, professors, successful entrepreneurs, savvy mentors and also local Greater Lafayette small businesses focused on entrepreneurial services.
Refund Policy: No refunds will be granted within 7 days of the event if food and drink have already been ordered. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.